Monday, June 13, 2011

Ode to Jen

Let me start by saying, my wife's blog YesThanksFrog is essential reading to this blog. She will fill the potholes abysses in my blog. I sometimes tend to leave a mess in my blogging wake, and Jen will help decipher my code.


My ode begins with, everything I (consciously) do, I do for you. I added the consciously, to distant myself from Bryan Adams. Not that I hate on him, I just want my voice to be heard and not his.
You are my drive, my inspiration. I might not be the strongest, the smartest, the whatever, but all my effort is dedicated to you. When my effort seems to be lacking, I am still giving all my worth in effort to you. As my conscious grows, so to will my effort.
When I think I have reached my limit, I strive on wanting to please my Queen. I have to come to realize my Queen is the most giving, the most selfless partner one could have. I am continually amazed by you. I would not be anywhere near the man, the father I am today without you. For that I give you infinite thanks.
For you are my flair. You are constantly coming up with new ideas (is new redundant?) for improving my life. This is the perfect relationship. I benefit from all the giving and in return you take joy/happiness/pride/contentment that your man is all of those. No one could ask for more.
So as a thanks, I dedicate my life to improving your life and all it encompasses.

The biggest benefactor outside myself (well it's all tied together) has been the recent growth of our eldest, Nate. He has always been seen to be a challenge. The love was always there, but he is the trail blaster and sometimes those blasts hurt. Deeply hurt.
Nate has truly blossomed. He has never been so happy, so contented as he has been recently and there is still room to grow and that thought is amazing!
His joy bonds Jen and Me closer. This is truly a relationship with benefits.
As a parent it is about letting go of preconceived ideas of what you think your child should be like, and embracing the child they actually are. So simple.


I feel like I have found the Holy Grail, and now it's time to learn how to use it. Something has been awoken in us. We now as a threesome help and support each other, which now flows down to the two younger children, Maya and Eli. Nate was the early sacrifice, and now his siblings benefit from the work he has put in. For this I am eternally grateful to Nate for all the lessons he has taught me and will continue to teach me. He is wise way(!) beyond his years.



Adults need to listen, truly listen to their seeds. They spit wisdom at a rate that one would think is unattainable by even the most wisest amongst us.
Children are a gift, and should be treated that way.

My ode to Jen drifted a little, but as a mother I am sure she would have it no other way.

I dedicate this blog to Jen, "She's my Queen" and my sanity.
I am embarrassed by words at times, as they are limited by my writing ability but I will write regardless.

1 comment: