Monday, June 13, 2011

I might have jumped the gun

I think, no I know I have jumped the gun in naming our Cob Home. We got our hands on the blue print on the septic, and our building site was over the leaching field. No bueno. You can't build a Cob House over a wetland even though the slope is well drained.
One could be dispirited with clearing all(!) the blackberry brambles for what is now deemed an unbuildable site but when one door closes, another opens. So there goes the flow of life.

The clearing now opens up so many possibilities. The area shows zero signs of being a leaching field except the magnificent growth of the blackberry brambles. We now have a possible perfect site for our chickens or goats or even both.

We left this weekend/Monday/whatever, it doesn't really matter with another possible site for our Cob Home, which will explore later this week when we go back.
I am more than ready to work at any site my Queen deems.

There was talk, not with me as a major player because I am cool with whatever about us, The Hollands moving into the main house with the friend/land-owner and his lovely squeeze and their 6 children combined while we build. That would mean when the house is swollen to the max, there will be 13 people living in the house that (let's call him) "A" built. Now that's pretty cool. That has been happening, but now it officially got verbalized. A contract of sorts.
Our lease on our townhouse in Beaverton is up at the end of August, so we wouldn't move down there full-time until then. Until then, we will probably split time 50/50.

Well anyways, my purpose of writing this is the (domain) name change of the blog. So welcome to "The Life and Times of People who want to Cob: the how tos and how nots of life."
And lets bid "Blackberry Cottage" au revoir.
I might transport the initial blog posts over here, but first I have to find the motivation to do it. If not, then who gives an eff.




1 comment:

  1. Wow, beautiful pictures! I can't wait to read all about it.

    ReplyDelete